"MADE is a channel through which we can foster our vision for a world with diminishing asymmetries among countries and regions, declining social inequalities, and sustainable human development."
Raúl Delgado Wise, INMD
"Through MADE, we want to strengthen public policies that protect and provide rights for migrants, and we promote the right to migrate as a central focus in our campaigns."
Idenilso Bortolotto, SIMN-Fundación Scalabrini Chile
Activities in the Americas are coordinated by the International Network on Migration and Development (INMD) based in Mexico and Scalabrini International Migration Network (SIMN) with assistance from Fundación Scalabrini in Chile.
Activities in MADE Americas aim to foster safe migration, human security and human development across the region in Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America, linking with the diaspora in North America.
All civil society organisations working or with an interest in the field of migration, migrant rights and development in the Americas are welcome to join and participate in upcoming regional events, advocacy actions and other activities.
Get in touch with INMD
Get in touch with Fundación Scalabrini /visit SIMN's website
- Organise a regional meeting in in Paraguay to influence the Conferencia Sudamericana sobre Migraciones (CSM)
- Foster the protection of migrants in transit and migrant workers in Honduras and Costa Rica (through the MADE Pilot Fund)
- Organise a national multi-stakeholder meeting on citizenship in the Dominican Republic.
- Implement the agreements of the regional meeting of 2015, in particular foster the networks and organizations to link the CSD & GFMD outcomes with the follow up activities around UN Committees, specifically with the CMW and CEDAW.
- Organise an event on how we can move forward in the Mexican case to start developing ideas around this issue.
- Publish a regional situation report that showcases the main discussions of that event.
- Map and engage with existing networks and civil society organizations that work promoting migrants’ rights and human development in the region.
- Publish advocacy papers on migration and development.
- Regional civil society networking meetings in Mexico, Buenos Aires, and Lima
- National civil society-government consultations on immigration reform in Chile and Brazil
- Collective Statement on the Rights of Haitians (in Spanish) following the annual meeting of the Migration Collective in the Americas, held in Mexico City in March 2014
- Declaration from civil society organisations (in Spanish) attending the Regional MADE Americas meeting in October 2014, which presented to governments attending the XIV South American Conference on Migration, held in Lima, Peru the same week
- Americas Regional Migration and Development Report 2015 (in Spanish) consolidating perspectives and recommendations from civil society in the region around the protection of women and children in migration, diaspora, safe labour migration, regional governance and citizenship
Join the MADE global mailing list and stay updated on all MADE Americas activities
MADE Americas News August - December 2016
22 December 2016
- Editorial: Important events in the second semester of 2016
- XVIII Jornadas Migratorias, Santiago de Chile (24-25 August)
- Release of the Advocacy Paper: “Migration and Citizenship at the Service of People: Advances and Setbacks in the Americas” (September)
Review: MADE Americas Webinar
21 July 2016
On June 30th 2016, MADE and its MADE Americas partner INMD hosted a webinar to show how non-state actors could work together around the world to link the non-binding with the binding and the global to the local to oblige states to better protect migrants’ rights, sharing the experience of networks and the UN offices in Mexico.